Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Jobtime

I GOT A JOB
After applying to a variety of different places with no response, I finally got a place to hire me! I don't know if it was my kickin getup today (new shirt, tight pants, pink lipstick) or my sparkling personality, but I was basically handed a job right on the spot. I'm heading in for training tomorrow at 3:00- but tonight I'll celebrate the death of my previous card-selling job with the traditional celebration food: ice cream. 

My favorite thing right now:
KITCHEN NIGHTMARES
If you have not seen this already, stop what you are doing and spend forty minutes of your day watching these two clips of the season finale of Chef Gordon Ramsay's show, Kitchen Nightmares. 

Part 1
Part 2

All I have to say is two words: Crazy. Eyes.

Lost in Translation:
I had seen this movie before, but I love me some Bill Murray so it's definitely on my watch-again list. Murray plays Bob Harris, a fading actor, husband, and father who spends some time in Japan for a advertisement photo shoot. He meets newly married and recent graduate Charlotte in the hotel and the two bond over their lack of sleep and their unspoken mutual "lostness."

It's hard to watch at points because they have this "Will they?/Won't they?" energy that I can't get a firm grasp on. But I think that's the beauty in their relationship. They both know that they've connected on a different level, something beyond physicality and romance. 

In the end you can see their both upset about Bob leaving. And at the final climax of the film, Bob runs out to kiss, whisper, and say his last goodbye to Charlotte.

The whole film is about miscommunication. Bob literally cannot communicate with his Japanese employers. But he also can't talk to his wife and kids back at home. Charlotte can't talk to her neglectful husband or her distracted friend over the phone. The minimalistic speech and recurring silence between Bob and Charlotte are the true moments of communication in this film and reaffirms the saying, Silence speaks Louder than Words.

Favorite Racist Quote of the Movie:
Charlotte: "Why do they switch the R's and the L's here?"
Bob Harris: "For yucks, you know, just to mix it up."
I feel your pain, Bill, I feel it #tallpeopleprobs 
Easily my fav scene. Not only is Bill Murray the cutest thing, but the two ladies in the background are hysterical
Why do I think this is actually SO cute on Scarlett? Dye your hair like this for like a week for me Scar

No comments:

Post a Comment